Blogging Challenge

So I recently found out about a cool-sounding blogging challenge for my kiddos.  It is through Edublogs.  The students have weekly challenges that encourage them to learn to use a blog.  They will be posting each week and also will be commenting on other students blogs.  There are students and classes from twenty different countries and five different continents.  I am hoping the kids really enjoy this challenge and begin to get back into their blogging.

I am also doing the challenges right along side of them.  This week’s challenge was to create our avatar and then write a post about it.

So here is my new avatar.  I used Bitmoji to make my avatar.

I chose to have my long hair up in a ponytail because that is how I usually wear it.  I live overseas in a place where I must wear a scarf to cover my head when I go out.  Ponytails are so much easier with scarves.  Also, as much as I like long hair, it does begin to bug me a bit to have it hanging in my face.  I chose comfy feel-good clothes because I love wearing jeans and t-shirts.  I am very casual.  I chose a bitmoji with a puppy dog.  I have a cute Pekingese dog.  She is about this color.  Her name is Lightning.  She just loves to cuddle and lick.  She is much furrier than the dog in this picture.

Well, we are all looking forward to this challenge and all that we will learn about blogging.  Stay tuned for more posts!

2 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge

1. I do like your avatar. It does have some of your features, but you are so much more beautiful than that! Of course I am not prejudiced in the least. However, the dog just doesn’t do justice to the cuteness of Lightning. Bitmoji is a great site to use for many different things. Even an old fogy like me can navigate it. I’m glad to have you and the kids on the blogging challenge. It does encourage you to keep active on your blog, and I love to be able to keep up with you this way.

2. G’day Marcy,
    Great to have you and your children joining the blogging challenge. Remember to add your URL to the Google form at the bottom of the challenge post for each week. That way commenters know to come and leave you some comments.